We are a charitable trust that was formed in August 2008. We were granted charity status in December 2008 which was great as this means all donations to SACFB qualify for the 33% donation rebate.
Since then we have formed relationships with various budgeting organisations and community groups in our neighbourhood. They refer clients that are in need of food parcels. Normally these are delivered to the budgeting/community organisation for their clients to pickup.
To improve the quality of life for families in South Auckland and surrounding areas. We do this by assisting families with food, personal care items, providing and or facilitating budget advice and the provision of other needs as required.
It is our goal to relieve poverty by distributing food and other basic supplies to people who are poor, in need, aged, or suffering genuine hardship; and provide relief by establishing and providing counselling and other programs.
Purpose & Principal activities of our organisation (i.e. Core Business or Focus)
The purpose of the South Auckland Christian Foodbank;
1. Distribution of food parcels directly to people in need and indirectly through supporting agencies like budgeting organisations and community groups.
2. Community Dinner which is open to anyone to attend and is held every Wednesday night 6.00-7.15pm at the PACT Hall, Papatoetoe. (311 Great South Road, Papatoetoe)
3. Supply and Distribution of food to other food banks.
4. Community/teaching garden, with the aim of teaching our clients basic gardening skills
5. Other programs as required.